Posted on March 21, 2021 by Robert Adam
After the second snapshot has been released about a month ago, we now present you an updated version of the snapshot of the upcoming feature release 1.4.0.
After having understood what it means for a release to be a snapshot release (see below), you can download the new version from our Downloads page.
A development snapshot can be considered an open-beta for an upcoming feature release. This means that it contains the latest and greatest features that were introduced since the last feature release. Note though that in contrast to a release candidate the list of features that will be included in the final 1.4.0 release is not yet frozen and is thus subject to change.
This does also mean that these features have not been tested by a broad audience yet and are therefore likely to still contain bugs. These could be minor ones, but in theory these could also be major. Therefore it is important that you always back up your data (e.g. configuration files) if you have a previous version of Mumble installed.
Due to the reasoning stated above, we do not recommend using snapshots in an environment where stability of the software is key (e.g. in a business context).
That being said though, we strongly encourage you to try snapshots out if you are a tech-savvy person that can deal with potentially arising problems and report any problems you encounter to our issue tracker. This kind of feedback is very important for us to be able to make the actual release as stable and reliable as possible.
The changes listed here are relative to the last snapshot version. Note also that the development snapshot also includes all fixes that were shipped in the recently released version 1.3.4.
- Added: Improvements to local translation dir search (useful for translators) (#4820)
- Fixed: Output devices being ignored on macOS for echo cancellation (#4814)
- Fixed: Make “Defaults (all)” button in config dialog translatable (#4867)
- Fixed: Ordering of Users inconsistent on machines with different locale settings (#4875)
- Fixed: Heap corruption caused by RNNoise (#4850)
- Fixed: Use Utf8 for name field in certificate (allowing non-ASCII characters in it) (#4872)
- Added: Ability to explicitly broadcast welcome text via Ice (#4809)
- Added: Remove automatic broadcast of new welcometext when changing via Ice (#4794)
- Fixed: Ctrl-C leaves UDP port open (#4819)
- Fixed: Images being corrupted when transmitted via Ice (#4798)
- Fixed: Unauthenticated connections no longer add to user count (#4817)
- Fixed: 100ms timeout freezing when using gRPC (#4833)