Posted on May 16, 2021 by Robert Adam
Following the last snapshot we proudly present our sixth development snapshot of the upcoming 1.4.0 stable release. Note that this snapshot is intended to be the last one before the final release and as such with its publication we are introducing a feature-freeze of the 1.4.x series. From now on only bug fixes will make it into this series.
After having understood what it means for a release to be a snapshot release (see below), you can download the new version from our Downloads page.
A development snapshot can be considered an open-beta for an upcoming feature release. This means that it contains the latest and greatest features that were introduced since the last feature release. Note though that in contrast to a release candidate the list of features that will be included in the final 1.4.0 release is not yet frozen and is thus subject to change.
This does also mean that these features have not been tested by a broad audience yet and are therefore likely to still contain bugs. These could be minor ones, but in theory these could also be major. Therefore it is important that you always back up your data (e.g. configuration files) if you have a previous version of Mumble installed.
Due to the reasoning stated above, we do not recommend using snapshots in an environment where stability of the software is key (e.g. in a business context).
That being said though, we strongly encourage you to try snapshots out if you are a tech-savvy person that can deal with potentially arising problems and report any problems you encounter to our issue tracker. This kind of feedback is very important for us to be able to make the actual release as stable and reliable as possible.
The changes listed here are relative to the last snapshot version.
- Added: Global shortcut to toggle TalkingUI (#4958)
- Added: Implement a mute cue (#4926)
- Added: Implement native support for PipeWire (#4970)
- Added: Implement raw input (Replaces hooks and DirectInput) on Windows (#4941)
- Added: Improvements for using –multiple command-line flag (#4949)
- Added: Revamp positional audio settings page (#4995)
- Added: Search dialog (#4967)
- Changed: Default min volume to 25% (positional audio) (#4954)
- Fixed: Links containing special characters (e.g. “&") being broken (#5000)
- Fixed: Echo cancellation options not translated (#4994)
- Fixed: Memory management issue in the source code (#4982)
- Fixed: Properly show currently selected audio device in settings dialog (#4974)
- Fixed: TalkingUI font not scaling properly (#4991)
- Removed: Classic theme (#4969)
- Fixed: ChannelListener IDs colliding across VServers (#5003)